Principles of science
· Developing subject knowledge and understanding of curriculum content
· Using correctly scientific vocabulary
· Adults modelling using correct scientific vocabulary in correct context
· Ongoing assessment to meet the needs of all children in our class
· Foster curiosity and build on children’s interests
· Practical learning to build on the subject knowledge in order to embed understanding of the scientific curriculum
· Opportunities for children to promote deeper thinking through focussing on key areas of working scientifically
· Build up an understanding of modern and historical scientists and how they influence what we know today.
Assessment in Science
This document aims to show you how we assess children’s knowledge in Science. There are a range of skills which are developed through their time in primary school. Children will revisit the skills as they progress through the school.
There are a number of websites which can support you with home learning in Science.
This is the main website we're using in school for Science at the moment. Please ask your child's teacher for a log in. You may not be able to do some of the experiments at home but there are resources for all ages, including videos and quizzes.
There are a number of lessons on this site which have been prepared and recorded by qualified teachers. Each lesson contains a video and then activities to support your child's learning.