PE at LGPS
Our Essential Characteristics of Physically Active Pupils
• The ability to acquire new knowledge and skills exceptionally well and develop an in-depth understanding of PE.
• The willingness to practise skills in a wide range of different activities and situations, alone, in small groups and in teams and to apply these skills in chosen activities to achieve exceptionally high levels of performance.
• High levels of physical fitness.
• A healthy lifestyle, achieved by eating sensibly, avoiding smoking, drugs and alcohol and exercising regularly.
• The ability to remain physically active for sustained periods of time and an understanding of the importance of this in promoting long-term health and well-being.
• The ability to take the initiative and become excellent young leaders, organising and officiating, and evaluating what needs to be done to improve, and motivating and instilling excellent sporting attitudes in others.
• Exceptional levels of originality, imagination and creativity in their techniques, tactics and choreography, knowledge of how to improve their own and others’ performance and the ability to work independently for extended periods of time without the need of guidance or support.
• A keen interest in PE. A willingness to participate eagerly in every lesson, highly positive attitudes and the ability to make informed choices about engaging fully in extra-curricular sport.
• The ability to swim at least 25 metres before the end of Year 6 and knowledge of how to remain safe in and around water.
Each year, we are required to publish what we have spent our Sports Premium on. Please see this year’s report below:
Sports Premium 2020-2021
At our school, we participate in as many competitions as possible throughout the year.
Some of the competitions are for all children of all abilities.
Others are competitive and children qualify to progress to the next round.
We keep a log of all competitions and events, to make sure that all children have the opportunity to participate.
Change 4 Life
36 pupils attended school swimming lessons
Number of Y6 pupils swam 25m confidently – 100%
Number of Y6 who achieved National Curriculum – 100%
The National Curriculum
Here is the statutory content of the National Curriculum, so you can see what your child will be learning. We follow the North Lincs scheme of work, which covers all of the National Curriculum:
PE National Curriculum
Getting Active at Home
There are lots of websites which will help you and your family to get active at home. Click on the pictures below to find out more.
Current Gallery - Autumn Term 2021
Here are some images of some sporting events we have participated in so far this term. We are really pleased that we are starting to participate in local competitions. We try to encourage every child to participate in at least one event each term.